Born and raised in and around the beautiful city of Brussels. In 2006 I moved and settled in California. I live with my husband in Los Angeles, the most cosmopolitan city I have ever seen.
After studying photography at Santa Monica College (USA), I started working as a freelancer for a variety of clients in the US, as well as abroad.
Award winning fine art - and portrait photographer.
When I'm not acting, breathing, thinking, dreaming as a photographer, you can find me on the roads driving through California, while listening to bands' music playing in my car.
And I love pit bulls! One in particular.
Member of American Photographic Artists Los Angeles (APA).
Contact me : firstname.lastname@example.org or 📞 3104900607 (US)
What to expect?
I CONCEPTUALIZE from start to finish and work on location or in my studio.
Please schedule your portrait session a couple of weeks in advance.
After scheduling appointments & handling emails, we meet & talk about the details of the shoot (wardrobe, concept, usage etc...). I dedicate time to create a concept for every client.
If you are looking for a specific business look, please communicate this in advance. I accept 1 to 2 outfits per person. Prices vary according to the number of looks you want.
I advice you to contact an MUA (make-up artist) and hairdresser, especially for professional business looks. Even a natural look can benefit from professional make-up. After all I do take close-ups and cameras are very precise. It also helps during the shoot to feel confident.
I shoot RAW images, rich in detail . I edit, and post-process. Retouching is a supplementary service which I am happy to provide. It requires an extra skill. An average rate is $35 per image.
The final selection of images will be exclusively on view for you in an online gallery on my website (10-20 images). You can select your favorite images & download them at 72 dpi (for online use).
For conceptual/creative/family portraits, I offer 1 print of your favorite image on paper. For all other portrait work, I strongly recommend prints (optional). The tangible aspect of a print elevates your portrait even more. Color-correction & a calibrated system provides high quality prints.
Location fees apply.
Cancellation fees apply.
Please contact me directly for customized quotes for :
branding content, storytelling - & social media content, various business needs & profiling // creative portraits or portraits within an environment // conceptual & creative portraits starting at $520 // single, couple or family portraits, starting at $295 and up // editorial and commercial // personalized prints of your portrait // purchasing downloads or any prints of images featured on this site;
Fine art work is for sale in limited editions.
I am based in Los Angeles, CA but work internationally for a variety of clients:
Social Media/Branding Content
Dance Companies - Dancers - Performers
All images on this website are registered with the Library of Congress for Copyright 2020 © Iris Debelder. No images can be used or re-used without the explicit right given by the photographer.
- "Mrs Robinson" from the series "Photo Noir" and "The Girl with the hula hoop" from the Iphonography Collection selected by juror Jennifer Schlesinger for "Black and White" exhibition at PhotoPlace Gallery in Middlebury, Vermont. Opening July 12 - August 12, 2017
- "My place" from the series "Old Traditions" selected for "Windows & Doors" exhibition at 1650 Gallery & Studio in Echo Park, Los Angeles, March 22 - April 22, 2017
- Press release "The Eye of Photography"
- Recipient of the 7th edition of the Julia Margaret Cameron Award - 2015 - For "Untitled" City Unseen - Juror Jill Greenberg
- http://www.galaawardsgallery.com/7th-jmca-awardees.html - Image on view at the Biennial of Fine Art and Documentary Photography in Berlin, October 2016.
- Photo Noir project part of Group Show "Mixed - Nine Photographic Visions" at the Los Angeles Center of Photography in Hollywood, Los Angeles, March 18, 2016 - April 15, 2016, Curated by Aline Smithson - MIXED exhibition pdf
- Portrait "Veil" at LACP Group exhibition at DNJ Gallery (Bergamot Station) in Santa Monica, opening July 25, 2015 - August 29. Press release: http://apanational.org/news/entry/apa-la-member-iris-debelder-in-lacp-exhibition/
- Juried competition spring 2014: Honorable mention PWP International Women's Call for Entry - iphonography "The girl with the hula-hoop" http://www.pwponline.org/exhibition/view/pwp-spring-2014-international-women-s-call-for-entry
- Juried competition 2013: Honorable mention AX3 American Aperture Awards for Documentary on Haiti - http://ax3.cc/honorable-mentions/