Born and raised in and around the beautiful city of Brussels. In 2006 I moved and settled in California. I live with my husband in Los Angeles.
Studied photography at Santa Monica College (USA).
When I'm not acting, breathing, thinking, dreaming as a photographer, you can find me on the roads driving through California, while listening to music playing in my car (I actually still buy music). I live in a typical American suburban house from the 1940's with a green front lawn and a driveway. The kind of house I used to see in American movies.
A cup of coffee, a cocktail 🍹 , the company of good friends, the ocean breeze, great design, and some morning stretching can make my day.
Most often I'm surrounded by my dog, California. We go location searching all the time.
Award winning fine art photographer.
Member of American Photographic Artists Los Angeles (APA).
Contact me : firstname.lastname@example.org or 📞 13104900607 (US)
Book a consultation! No strings attached.
All images on this website are registered with the Library of Congress for Copyright 2010-2020 © Iris Debelder. No images can be used or re-used without the explicit right given by the photographer.
- Publication and cover in Lens magazine, issue #70 July 2020 Women Photographers
- Your Daily Photograph, a resource for art collectors, selected “Water Towers, Midtown, for their NYC collection; June 2020 - http://eepurl.com/g8ouX1
- Honorable Mention NYC4PA 2020 “California Tree poppy - - Juried Competition Aline Smithson - From a seed .... the world of botanicals
- Your Daily Photograph selected “Absent Minded” for their “Blue” collection; 2019
- "Mrs Robinson" from the series "Photo Noir" and "The Girl with the hula hoop" from the Iphonography Collection selected by juror Jennifer Schlesinger for "Black and White" exhibition at PhotoPlace Gallery in Middlebury, Vermont. Opening July 12 - August 12, 2017
- "My place" from the series "Old Traditions" selected for "Windows & Doors" exhibition at 1650 Gallery & Studio in Echo Park, Los Angeles, March 22 - April 22, 2017
- Press release "The Eye of Photography"
- Recipient of the 7th edition of the Julia Margaret Cameron Award - 2015 - For "Untitled" City Unseen - Juror Jill Greenberg
- http://www.galaawardsgallery.com/7th-jmca-awardees.html - Image on view at the Biennial of Fine Art and Documentary Photography in Berlin, October 2016.
- Photo Noir project part of Group Show "Mixed - Nine Photographic Visions" at the Los Angeles Center of Photography in Hollywood, Los Angeles, March 18, 2016 - April 15, 2016, Curated by Aline Smithson - MIXED exhibition pdf
- Portrait "Veil" at LACP Group exhibition at DNJ Gallery (Bergamot Station) in Santa Monica, opening July 25, 2015 - August 29. Press release: http://apanational.org/news/entry/apa-la-member-iris-debelder-in-lacp-exhibition/
- Juried competition spring 2014: Honorable mention PWP International Women's Call for Entry - iphonography "The girl with the hula-hoop" http://www.pwponline.org/exhibition/view/pwp-spring-2014-international-women-s-call-for-entry
- Juried competition 2013: Honorable mention AX3 American Aperture Awards for Documentary on Haiti - http://ax3.cc/honorable-mentions/